If you are a homeowner or a property manager, asbestos testing is a serious issue that you need to look into. If the property was built before 1990, there is a good chance that it is a high risk of asbestos contamination. You need to find a company that will perform asbestos testing Brisbane has today to take the necessary steps to rid your property of this harmful substance. If you do not perform testing now, then you could put your family or future tenants at risk of inhaling this harmful substance into their system. It could result in various respiratory conditions including mesothelioma, which is a type of cancer to the respiratory system resulting from prolonged exposure to asbestos. Managing Asbestos – DO’s When you decide to undergo Brisbane asbestos testing, it is important to abide by a few safety guidelines. If you do not know the proper handle the process, you need to find a professional company that offers the best asbestos testing in Brisbane to do it for you.
- If in doubt about the level of asbestos in your home, always contact a professional. They use specialized testing kits to determine the level of asbestos in your home or property if any.
- Make sure that the company you hire to perform asbestos testing Brisbane has to offer complies with health and safety legislation in your region or state. When inexperienced personnel handle this problem, they could cause more damage than good. And this is why you should never deal with the asbestos problem in your home or property on your own.
- You should always consult your neighbors if you decide to undergo asbestos testing and removal in your property. It is also important to undertake the necessary precautionary measures so as not to contaminate the air when handling asbestos removal.
- It is important to safest method or tool for handling asbestos removal. Your aim is to cause as little negative impact to the property as possible.
- Never use power tools (such as circular saws, electric sanders or angle grinders) when removing materials containing asbestos. This will only cause the spread of the asbestos-containing material into the air.
- Never use other high-pressure tools such as washers to remove asbestos either for the same reason as above.
- Other tools to avoid using when undertaking asbestos removal include those that utilized compressed air such as leaf blowers or vacuum cleaners.
- Never employ professionals to take on asbestos removal that isn’t a class A asbestos removal license holder. This is to ensure they have the sufficient knowledge when testing and removing asbestos from your home or property.