Tattoo has become one of the most popular body art in recent times. With many people getting whole body tattoos, these make them look fashionable and chic. However, the Department of Health and Wellness has issued an order recently making it compulsory for all tattoo parlors to maintain high standards of hygiene while using tattoo instruments. This is because there are certain chances of infections at times. But, this is just a precautionary measure according to the news as most tattoo shops Sydney has to maintain high-quality hygiene standards, making them popular among their clients.
In case you are not aware of what this ‘hygiene’ means, these are a set of guidelines that every shop must follow in order to maintain cleanliness and avoid any risk of infection. Here are some of the most important guidelines prescribed for a tattoo shop.
- Tattoo artists must get themselves registered: According to the health and wellness board, any tattoo artist who is practicing in a firm or individually must get themselves registered with the local health branches. Their license and certificates would only boast of their experience, quality and give a guarantee to the customers regarding his/her work. A registration would only give the customers satisfaction that their tattoo artist is genuine and would take good care of them.
- Tattoo shop premises must meet the needs of the local council: Tattoo shops cannot be opened anywhere and everywhere. There are certain requirements that the shop needs to meet according to the local councils. In fact, they are not permitted to be constructed in a residential locality at all. Thus, these need to be checked out with the local councilors before setting up your tattoo shop in the first place.
- Disposable bins should always be available: Disposable bins or dust bins should be kept in every corner of a tattoo shop. In fact, each and every tattoo artist working in a firm like the Sydney Tattoo should be given one or two disposable bins to throw away unwanted equipment or designs. Disposable bins would only make the shop more clean and tidy. These need to be emptied every single day during garbage disposal and regularly cleaned so that the bins are tidy too.
- Washbasins should be clean and have a constant supply of water: Washbasins should also have a constant supply of hot and cold water to wash the hands. At times, many tattoo shops Sydney has have medicated soaps and hand washes to avoid skin allergies or infections. Regular washing of your hand is a must.
- Equipment must be sterilized: Equipment, especially tattoo guns need to be sterilized for at least twelve hours before using them for the next customer. This would only enable the guns to become clean and make them fit for using them on the person. Since such equipment are used on several people, the chances of infections are high. To decrease such chances sterilization is a necessary step.
Thus, these are some of the basic health suggestions that the members of all tattoo shops Sydney has must keep in mind before entering the profession. It is for the benefit of the customers’ health that such precautions are taken and they must be adhered to, to keep out of legal trouble. Visit Dan Hadley Adelaide